- flexibility of scheduling
- substantial hourly rates
- collective support from account teams
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you. (It’s fast and free!)
Virtual School Counselor Requirements
- Usually a State Professional Board Counselor license (often an LPC, or equivalent)
- Proof of individual professional liability insurance (or willingness to obtain this insurance)
- Possession of (or willingness to obtain) up-to-date clearances
- Avid interest and aptitude for working remotely with students
- Personal learning plans focusing on post-graduation goals.
- College planning activities for students in 9th–12th grade, helping those who plan to attend college develop an academic portfolio that highlights elements desired by college admissions committees.
- One-on-one guidance counseling with seniors to provide resources and assistance with postsecondary planning, including such activities as: career options, vocational training, and choosing the right college.
- Special programs helping grades 6–8 to learn about potential careers and explore fields that interest them. These groups can empower students to enter high school with solid direction, enhancing the likelihood of success in a high school program that will properly prepare them for pursuit of their career interests.
- Interactive, online sessions connecting students and families with real-time information on college application processes, financial aid and scholarships, entrance requirements, and other essential information.
- College test preparation courses/functions for both the ACT and SAT standardized examinations.